SAON is maintaining information about Arctic observational data and observing assets. The information is available in a series of inventories/catalogues:
- The SAON data inventory gives access to Arctic observational data and products. The information is harvested from the contributing institutions
- The Registry of Polar Observing Networks (RoPON) is available online at https://polarobservingregistry
- CON has contributed to the EU-PolarNet deliverable: Inventory of polar observational/monitoring and modelling programmes. A description of the deliverable is found here.
- In the early phases of SAON, participants provided information about observational assets. This information has been digitized and is available through the SAON project directory
- Arctic Portal has organised observational metadata on a number of themes in support of SAON
The Atlas of Community-Based Monitoring & Indigenous Knowledge in a Changing Arctic is a SAON project. It is intended to serve as an inventory of initiatives that will assist with network building and identification of best practices and challenges for the field.
The Arctic Data Committee has produced a summary web page on 'Data Publication and Citation'. It contains a selection of key documents and best practices relevant to data publication and citation: https://www.bas.ac.uk/data/data-support/data-citation-and-publishing/