The SAON Board will have a teleconference 8th December 18-19:30 (CET), 12-1:30 PM (EST).
The Arctic Observing Summit (AOS) is a high-level, biennial summit that aims to provide community-driven, science-based guidance for the design, implementation, coordination and sustained long-term operation of an international network of Arctic observing systems. The AOS provides a platform to address urgent and broadly recognized needs of Arctic observing across all components of the Arctic system.
AOS aims to build a common vision for sustained, long-term observations of the Arctic and serve as a forum for the planning and coordination of such measurements. The Summit brings together researchers, stakeholders and funding agency representatives to facilitate the design, implementation, coordination and sustained long-term (decades) operation of an international network of Arctic observing systems.
AOS 2016 will include presentations, working groups and poster sessions around these themes:
- International and national strategies for sustained support of long-term Arctic observing
- Technology and innovation for sustained Arctic observations
- Contributions of the Private Sector and Industry to sustained Arctic observations
- Actor and Stakeholder engagement and needs in sustained Arctic observations
- Arctic Observations in the context of Global Observing initiatives
- Interfacing Traditional Knowledge, Community-based Monitoring and Scientific Methods for sustained Arctic observations
More information at https://assw2016.org/about/aos.
The SAON Board will meet during the Arctic Observing Summit 16th-17th March 2016 in Fairbanks, Alaska
The CON will meet during the Arctic Observing Summit 14th March 2016 in Fairbanks, Alaska : http://www.arcticobservingsummit.org/