IASC is pleased to announce that the 2016 IASC Medal, which is awarded in recognition of exceptional and sustained contributions to the understanding of the Arctic, goes to E. Walsh.
CAFF's webinar series is intended to explore CAFF's projects, products and activities, and provide our colleagues and partners opportunity to communicate their results directly to target audiences. The format includes presentations followed by a question and answer period. The recordings of these webinars are available on our YouTube channel and featured on our website and social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) to reach wider audiences
Invitationfrom GEO to participate in the Data Validation of Global Land Cover (GLC) Datasets activity.
One of the project themes of EU-PolarNet is ‘Infrastructures, Facilities, and Data’, and one of the tasks will focus on
- Establishing an overview of existing polar data management structures
- An analysis of
- the legal and regulatory rules that currently frame access to data
- the technical solutions presently in place that facilitate access to data
- discoverability and accessibility of data
- Producing recommendations on a coordinated European polar data infrastructure, compatible with trans-Atlantic and worldwide cooperation requirements
AMAP and SAON is involved in EU-PolarNet and in this task, and one of the activities is a survey of existing polar data systems: http://www.eu-polarnet.eu/index.php?id=1073741888